There are some major challenges that every business owner will face, and there are some that are specific to Tanning & Makeup Artists. Let’s walk through 4 Ways To Kill A Spray Tanning Business and what should be done instead.
Providing a flawless spray tan to clients is only half the battle. Being a gifted Artist does not mean you will be a successful business owner.Amie Burkholder – Founder/CEO BronzedBerry
- Pride – You don’t ask for the sale and you’re not putting your business ‘ out there’ in your local market (local listings, flyers, strategic partners, salons etc). Mostly this comes from a lack of self-confidence in your business. Many college grads turned Mom think that while this business can be profitable they just don’t believe it sounds “good enough”. Successful Artists will laugh that all the way to the bank.
- Laziness – In general you’re not lazy however when it comes to your business you put less than 10 hours a week into the business side of things. You’ve not created and carved out a specific place in your home to work on the business side.
- Winging It – Never treated like a real business. Never created a business plan. No clue on current profit. No 5 year business plan in place. Do you know your profit margin is? Do you even know if you’ve made a profit?
- Same Old TUNE – If your technique has not changed, if you are not offering new services (contouring, custom blending or teeth whitenning) then not only are you leaving money on the table, I guarantee you have lost some of your enthusiasm and passion too. Continuing education keeps you up to date but also ignites an authentic passion that will be hard to ignore. Do you even know what’s trending in industry (strobing, contouring, flecking etc)?
If any of this sounds familiar, YOU ARE NOT ALONE! Let’s work on these. Get the solutions to these spray tan business killers.
* This is an update from a previous Blog about killing your business. Take a peak and get even more insight, click here.