Calling All Brides!
For all you brides out there, BronzedBerry is proud to offer bridal beauty tips from a wedding coordinator in the “biz”. Also, she knows a thing or two about beauty. The picture above is her, along with her BronzedBerry glow.
Walk the Walk:
Preparing for your wedding day can be one of the most stressful times for many brides to be. Following some of our helpful bridal beauty can alleviate some of that pressure. Also, allow you to enjoy prepping for your runway walk down the aisle. We at SoCo Events, a boutique style wedding and event planning firm, have held the hands of many brides through the process of creating their bridal beauty. Therefore, we are here to share with you some of our learned wisdom and best wedding day beauty practices.
First and foremost timing is everything! Just like you want to stay on track with all elements of your wedding planning and design leading up to your wedding day, you also want to be sure to schedule your beauty appointments with careful consideration.
- Make sure to schedule a hair trim about 2 to 3 weeks out from your wedding day – this will allow for that awkward “just cut look” to subside and your hair will look fresh and healthy. Also, be sure you do not do anything drastic. For example, getting a completely different hairstyle or color right before your wedding. You do not want to be stuck with a look that caused you to cry your eyes out on your big day.
- Schedule any all over color or highlight appointments for about 10 days out. This is so your color is fresh and you have no roots to be found! Again, just stick to a color you know you love. This is not the time to see if Katy Perry’s latest electric blue color works on you.
- Lastly be sure to find and book a hair stylist you are excited about working with to create your bridal look. The best of the best in the DC area book up fast. This is something you or your planner should book very early in the planning process to ensure you get your first choice.
- Regardless of how great your stylist is, please do a bridal hair trial. This will give you the opportunity to discuss what styles might work best with your face shape, your wedding gown style, and the overall look you want to achieve on your wedding day. There is nothing worse than having no idea what you want to do with your hair hours before you walk the aisle.
Skin Prep Tips
- You definitely want your skin to glow on your wedding day. Undoubtedly, the happiness you are feeling on the inside will shine through and help you out in this regard, somewhat. 😉 You want to make sure to eat really clean in the months leading up to you wedding day. What you put in your body has more of an affect on your skin than any product or treatment will. Eat plenty of veggies, fruits, and remember to drink a ton of water!! I always tell my brides to drink water with lemon. Truly, it works wonders for your skin.
- Schedule all tweezing/waxing/threading appointments for about 10 to 7 days out from your wedding day. Be careful to stay consistent with what has worked well with your skin type in the past. For example, if soy wax leaves your sensitive skin with zero redness or irritation, make sure to stick with this proven method of hair removal. This way, you won’t upset your skin pre wedding day.
- Six months out from your wedding is a great time to try a new treatment. Consider trying microderm, oxygen facials, and collagen treatments. You have enough time to recover if your skin reacts poorly to a new or more extensive treatment. And, if you love your micro, you can continue with treatments in the months and weeks leading to your big day.
- Thinking of trying something a little more serious, like botox/other fillers? please do so around this 6-month out mark as well. You cannot predict how you will react to new treatments. Do not risk having to deal with bumps and bruising weeks before your wedding. Also, keep in mind that most fillers do take around 10 days to work their magic.
Get A Spray Tan!
- One of the most important things you can do to achieve a beautiful glow on your wedding day, is to get a professional airbrush tan. For you and your fiancé. You don’t want to be beautifully bronzed standing next to your pasty groom! So, spread the color and book a package with BronzedBerry that covers you both.
- Make sure to keep a natural color, which should be easy with BronzedBerry – they have amazing organic formulas – think no orange and no nasty smell!
- Your color should also correlate with the season in which you are tying the knot. It will look much more natural to have deeper color if your wedding is in July, rather than January. A little color will work wonders for your confidence on the day of, and will ensure you and your soon to be hubby look fabulous in all the days pictures!
- Earlier, I mentioned the importance of booking your wedding day hair stylist early on in the planning process, and you should absolutely do the same when booking your wedding day make-up artist. If you are working with a planner, this is something he/she should book for you right away, as a vendor can only be in one place at one time. The DC area’s most talented make-up artists book up a year or more in advance during busy wedding season! So, if you get engaged and know who you want to doll you up on your big day, then don’t hesitate to get it on the books.
- You are also definitely going to want to do a trial make-up run. What I often do for my clients, is coordinate their hair and make-up trial with a purpose – meaning I will book on the day of the couple’s engagement shoot or on the day of the bride’s boudoir session – this way the cost of the trail is well worth it!
- Create a beauty inspiration board! I tell my clients to create a beauty inspiration board to prepare for their hair and make-up trial. By keeping a running folder of the looks they like or want to emulate on their wedding they have a clear idea of what they like going in. This is an immensely helpful and effective way to communicate a bride’s beauty style to her wedding day glam squad.
- It’s all in the lashes! I highly recommend false lashes to most brides. Not the extremely fake looking kind you find on Snookie and J Wow every Saturday night, but incredibly beautiful, real hair, false lashes applied by your make-up artist. It is amazing what a little lash can do to enhance facial features. Most importantly, lashes will have a dramatic effect on how you look in pictures – stunning!
Your Wedding, Your Choice
- I try not to tell my brides how to wear their make-up. It is something that I trust a great make-up artist to do. But, one piece of advice that I am sure you have heard before, but that is a beauty rule to live by. If you go with a really dramatic eye, opt for a softer lip. If you go for a more dramatic lip, go a for a little less drama on the eye. Finding a balance is key. Also, always keep in mind your wedding season, venue, style, and geographic location when finalizing your make-up and hair look. You want the entire evening to work cohesively.
CONFIDENCE IN KEY:
My last bit of beauty advice is to remember to smile big, laugh often, and dance your booty off. When all is said and done and the final lash is placed, all you need to do is have a blast, enjoy every moment, and walk with confidence and class.
Good luck to all the beautiful brides to be!