Click to view important facts about skin cancer.
skin cancer facts
It’s not so scary at all! Dermatologists want you to be okay and with the latest technology, they can evaluate your moles, right then and there.
Call Derms in your area to find out if they have MelaFind Technology
Special UV cameras show us what sun damage looks like, under seemingly beautiful skin. It also show the effect sunscreen can have. Take a peak?
Dear 16 Year Old ME
Don’t let another day go by without inspecting your moles and checking them agains the “ABCD” scale.
Find out more: SkinCancer.org
Learn how to check yourself for abnormal moles!
Get Your Kids In On The Action
Sunscreen is your best line of defense when you are out in sun! If you wear it and use it everyday, so will they!
This video was produced by 2 boys who lost a love one to skin cancer.
Her Dying Wish
Don’t BURN The Man In Your Life
Share this video with the man in your life.
But, if your Man is like most, they’ll need your help in protecting themselves.
Prevention: Don’t get tanned or burned…even once!
- Sunscreen – Wear it and apply every two hours
- Clothes – UV resistant clothing optimal when exposed for long time periods.
- Sunglasses – Helps prevent eye cancer
- Hats – No one puts sunscreen on their head. Many men get skin cancer on ears, scalp and nose. Help them out, buy them a cool hat!
- Annual Dermatologist Appointment – At least once a year.
- Mole Mapping – Have Dr. count and measure moles, year over year they’ll measure and monitor them for change. If something is amiss they’ll get it!
SkinCancer.org has helpful, tips, guides and list of derms in your area. Be Sun Smart!