Learn how to check yourself for abnormal moles!
prevent skin cancer
Get Your Kids In On The Action
Sunscreen is your best line of defense when you are out in sun! If you wear it and use it everyday, so will they!
This video was produced by 2 boys who lost a love one to skin cancer.
Her Dying Wish
Don’t BURN The Man In Your Life
Share this video with the man in your life.
But, if your Man is like most, they’ll need your help in protecting themselves.
Prevention: Don’t get tanned or burned…even once!
- Sunscreen – Wear it and apply every two hours
- Clothes – UV resistant clothing optimal when exposed for long time periods.
- Sunglasses – Helps prevent eye cancer
- Hats – No one puts sunscreen on their head. Many men get skin cancer on ears, scalp and nose. Help them out, buy them a cool hat!
- Annual Dermatologist Appointment – At least once a year.
- Mole Mapping – Have Dr. count and measure moles, year over year they’ll measure and monitor them for change. If something is amiss they’ll get it!
SkinCancer.org has helpful, tips, guides and list of derms in your area. Be Sun Smart!
Can a “Base Tan” protect against sunburn?
Find out if this is fact or fiction? Click the article link above to find out.
What’s lurking underneath the surface of your skin from your past sins?
Think this won’t happen to you…think again!
In the age group of 15-29 the most common skin cancer is Melanoma, which is also the deadliest. Beyond being deadly, it also metastasizes and comes back frequently in patients, ending up costing them their life.
More often than not, this can be prevented, in young women. One simple act can save lives.
STAY OUT OF TANNING BEDS
It’s just that simple. Faux glow is all the rage and available in every town, super market and online. Educated your loved ones. Keep them alive. Yes, it can happen to you.
KIDS AND MELANOMA: 6 THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- NEVER LET A DOCTOR TELL YOU THAT YOUR CHILD IS TOO YOUNG TO GET MELANOMA
- IT’S NOT ALWAYS ABOUT THE SUN
- WHY IS MELANOMA MISDIAGNOSED OR OVERLOOKED IN THE YOUNG
- WHAT ARE THE SIGNS OF ADOLESCENT/PEDIATRIC MELANOMA
- MELANOMA CAN DEVELOP ANYWHERE
- AN OVERLY AGGRESSIVE FORM OF MELANOMA CAN LOOK AS INNOCENT AS A PIMPLE BUT IS SIX TIMES MORE LIKELY TO KILL IF NOT REMOVED WITHIN TWO MONTHS.
Learn the answers, arm yourself with proper research for your children.
Your children love you more then you know! Watch and let your heart melt.